Cillian Murphy is J. Robert Oppenheimer in Christopher Nolan’s new biopic.
Murphy will portray Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the A-bomb during the Second World War.
This isn't Murphy's first time working with Nolan. He worked with him on Batman Begins (2005), where he auditioned for Batman but ended up playing the Scarecrow. He has also appeared in Nolan’s Inception (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and Dunkirk (2017).
The cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Benny Safdie, Josh Hartnett, Dane DeHaan, Jack Quaid and Matthew Modine, Alden Ehrenreich and David Krumholtz. The feature has started production in New Mexico.Production will include shooting on Imax 65mm and 65mm large-format film. Nolan also recruited director of photography Hoyte Van Hoytema, whom he worked with on Tenet, Dunkirk and Interstellar; and editor Jennifer Lame and composer Ludwig Göransson, whom he worked with on Tenet. Universal has set a North American theatrical release date of July 21, 2023.
- Cillian Murphy To Star In Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer ... ›
- First Look Reveals Cillian Murphy's J. Robert Oppenheimer as ... ›
- Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) / Twitter ›
- Robert Downey Jr. Official (@robertdowneyjr) • Instagram photos ... ›
- Cillian Murphy (@cillianmurphyofficiall) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Christopher Nolan (@christophernolann) • Instagram photos and ... ›