The streaming service will make their first steps into Hollywood, as the couple only recently stepped back from their royal duties. In late 2019, the royal couple announced that they would be relocating to the US and pursuing other opportunities. The contract with Netflix came as Harry and Meghan formed their still unnamed production company.
Netflix will be commissioning the royals to produce a wide variety of streaming content, including scripted projects such as feature films and television shows, as well as some more educational content. In a recent statement, the couple stated:
"Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope. As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us."
Documentaries and docu-series remain a big part of what the two envision for the company. While Meghan will not return to acting, as she had previously appeared in the cable drama Suits, there is still a chance she may appear on screen in an education-focused project.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly spoke with Disney, Apple and NBC Universal before signing the multi-year contract. Their content will be exclusive to Netflix and will begin productions soon.
- Duchess Kate Middleton Steps Up To Royal Challenges During ... ›
- Harry And Meghan Are Still Getting Used To Life In LA - Celebrity ... ›
- royal-news - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Repay $3.2 Million For UK Home Renovation - Celebrity Page ›
- 'My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman' Gets Release Date - Celebrity Page ›
- Royal Insider: Harry And Meghan Take On Hollywood - Celebrity Page ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Share Their 2020 Christmas Card - Celebrity Page ›