This week was supposed to be "Double Elimination Night" on DWTS, but Jeannie Mai had to drop out of the competition due to a medical emergency and had to be rushed into surgery Sunday night.
DWTS gave its viewers an update of Jeannie in the hospital and Jeannie herself got to explain her sudden exit from the show. The viewers also got a nice recap of Jeannie's time on Dancing with the Stars this season:
Jeannie Mai’s Journey
Kaitlyn Bristowe and Artem Chigvintsev
Nev Schulman and Jenna Johnson
Justina Machado and Sasha Farber
Nelly and Daniella Karagach
Chrishell Stause and Gleb Savchenko
Skai Jackson and Alan Bersten
Johnny Weir and Britt Stewart
AJ McLean and Cheryl Burke
The couples also competed in relay challenge rounds where the judges can award the couples additional points. Nev & Jenna, Chrishell & Gleb and Nelly & Daniella competed in a Cha Cha relay judged by Carrie Ann Inaba. Carrie Ann awarded Nev three bonus points and Chrishell and Nelly two bonus points. Justina & Sasha and Johnny & Britt competed in Viennese waltz relay judged by Derek Hough. Derek gave Justina two extra points and Johnny three points. AJ & Cheryl, Kaitlyn & Artem and Skai & Alan competed in Samba relay judged by Bruno Tonioli. Bruno awarded Skai two bonus points and AJ and Kaitlyn three bonus points.
Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten and Chrishell Stause & Gleb Savchenko were in the bottom two. The couple who gets to continue on in the competition is Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten.
- Watch Jeannie Mai's Final DWTS Performance: - Celebrity Page ›
- BREAKING: Jeannie Mai Forced To Leave DWTS Following ... ›
- ICYMI: Carole Baskin Performs "Eye of the Tiger" On DWTS ... ›
- Our Favorite 'DWTS' Disney Night Performances From Over The Years ›
- Our Favorite 'DWTS' Halloween Performances From Over The Years ... ›
- 'DWTS' Recap: Icon Night, Winning The Dance-Off Isn't Enough To Stay In The Competition - Celebrity Page ›