In case you missed it, the iHeart Radio Music Festival 2020 was last week and Miley fans are still swooning over her rock n' roll cover of "Heart of Glass." So much so, the singer is actually teasing the idea of releasing it as a song.
"Heart of Glass" was originally released as a pop standout in 1978 by singer, Blondie. Last week, Miley Cyrus brought it back to popularity performing a cover of the hit for iHeart Radio's 2020 Music Festival. She appeared in the concert lineup to perform her latest single "Midnight Sky," but it was her Blondie moment that had people talking. The hair, the outfit, everything...was perfect.
The video of her "Heart of Glass" performance broke six million views on Twitter and went on to trend on TikTok. The internet reaction was so positive, Cyrus herself teased the idea of releasing the audio to streaming services.
The singer posted this cover art
The former Disney Channel star has crossed many bridges in music from country to pop. But, her rock 'n roll performance landed so well, it may be the beginning of a new era.
Watch the performance nobody can stop thinking about:
This isn't the first time Cyrus has pulled off a cover song either. Her 2018 cover of Ariana Grande's "No Tears Left To Cry" got over 22 million views after she performed at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.
Can't stop thinking about her recent performance either?! Keep an eye out for the streaming release!
- Miley Cyrus Drops Self-Directed Video For New Single "Midnight Sky" ›
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Relationship Secret - Celebrity ... ›
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' - Celebrity Page ›
- She's Back! Miley Cyrus Embarks On New Music Era - Celebrity Page ›
- Miley Cyrus Talks New Music, Sobriety, and Social Distancing on ... ›
- Miley Cyrus Talks Liam Hemsworth and Sobriety with Howard Stern - Celebrity Page ›