Jessica Simpson just singed a multi-media rights deal with Amazon Studios to air both a scripted and un-scripted series that's based off of her life as well as her own book called Open Book.
According to a source tied to Entertainment Tonight, the un-scripted series will feature not only Simpson, but also her husband Eric Johnson and kids.
Amazon Studios announced that much of the docuseries will include Simpson's own life footage that has never been shared before. Her main goal is to share her life struggles and how she overcame them to inspire others. Some of her stories from her book include topics of body positivity, sobriety, and the struggle of being a celebrity in the limelight.
"From our first meeting I had a visceral connection to every member of this team. I know that parts of my life have been extraordinary, but I also know that many of my struggles are universal. I hope to continue the mission I set out to accomplish in writing Open Book -- to inspire others to be entertained, moved, and empowered to walk through fear and come out on the other side even stronger."
Be on the lookout for her series on Amazon soon, as the projects are already in development according to ET.
- Jessica Simpson Inks Big Multimedia Deal With Amazon | Billboard ›
- Jessica Simpson Developing Series Based on Memoir With Amazon ... ›
- Jessica Simpson to Make TV Show on Amazon, Signs Studio Deal ›
- Jessica Simpson Inks Big Multimedia Deal With Amazon ... ›
- Jessica Simpson Signs Multi-Media Rights Deal at Amazon - Variety ›