Variety broke the exclusive news that Jude Law is in talks to play the villainous pirate Captain Hook in a new Peter Pan movie.
David Lowery is set to direct the live-action Peter Pan film Peter Pan & Wendy. Lowery co-wrote the new film with Tony Halbrooks while Jim Whitaker is producing the film. The classic 1953 animated Disney film is based on the J.M. Barrie novel about Peter Pan, the boy who wouldn't age and swept away children to the mystical world of Neverland.
Law may be following Dustin Hoffman, Jason Issacs, and Garrett Hedlund in playing the antagonistic pirate. Over the last few years, Disney released live-action adaptations of Cinderella, Aladdin, and Dumbo. Disney was thrilled with the success of Aladdin, and the studio is now developing a sequel.
Most recently, Law starred in the Blake Lively film The Rhythm Section and in the HBO series The New Pope. Law also appeared in various films including The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Aviator, and the Sherlock Holmes films and Fantastic Beasts films.
- Laura Prepon Set To Direct Horror-Comedy 'Mer' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Borderland' Set To Star John Boyega, Felicity Jones, Jodie Turner ... ›
- Julianne Moore Set To Star In The New Film "Shaper" - Celebrity Page ›
- Dustin Hoffman Set to Star in Broadway Revival of 'Our Town ... ›
- The Most Anticipated Movie Sequels Premiering In 2021 - Celebrity ... ›
- Battle Of The Dancers: A Recap Of 'World of Dance' Upper Division Duels - Celebrity Page ›