Judi Evans And Her Time During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Back in May of this year, Days of Our Lives star Judi Evans got into a horseback riding accident and was hospitalized. It was during her stay in the hospital that she contracted COVID-19. According to Sloane, Evans has been through quite the journey on her way to recovery. When talking with Sonia Isabelle, Sloane says:
"...She was hospitalized, where she caught the coronavirus. [She] had blood clots, and they nearly amputated her legs. Judi has already faced tragedy in the last six months— her only child, Austin, passed away in December 2019."
After her difficult time throughout this year, Evans tells Sloane how blessed she feels to have the support of her Days cast, her fan base, and the soap opera community during this time. As for how she's doing now with her COVID-19 diagnosis, Sloane ensures that Evans is feeling much better now.
Nancy Lee Grahn On Staying Home and Missing Being On Set
General Hospital's Nancy Lee Grahn has been at home since the pandemic shut down production for the ABC daytime series. Sloane mentions that Grahn really misses being on set and that her time at home during these past few months has made her realize she doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon. Sloane says:
"She hasn't had a lot of story in the past few years, so not being at work that often wasn't that big an adjustment, but not being there at all was. She said she got a glimpse of what retirement may look like, and assures us she has no plans to retire ever."
Elizabeth Hendrickson Gives Birth to Baby Girl!
On March 27, The Young and The Restless star Elizabeth Hendrickson had her baby girl, Josephine James! Sloane tells us that Hendrickson had her first child during a critical time in the pandemic. Her husband, Rob Meder, couldn't spend time with her or the baby after she was born due to following safety precautions. Sloane goes on to say:
"While [Elizabeth] misses her costars and misses being at work, she's thankful she's had this time at home to appreciate all the new moments with her family."
To catch the latest information on your favorite daytime stars, check out Soap Opera Digest here.
- 'General Hospital' Plans To Resume Production In Mid-July ... ›
- The Latest Casting Updates from the Soap Opera World - Celebrity ... ›
- Find Out All You Need To Know About The 47th Daytime Emmy ... ›
- 'Days of Our Lives' Star Judi Evans Tests Positive For Coronavirus ... ›
- Anna Camp Opens Up About Her Battle With Coronavirus - Celebrity Page ›
- NY State Officials Investigating Chainsmokers Hamptons Drive-In Concern For Violations - Celebrity Page ›
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Family Test Positive For COVID-19 - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrating 55 Years Of 'Days Of Our Lives' - Celebrity Page ›
- The First Person To Take Part In COVID-19 Trials Opens Up On Side Effects & The Importance Of Vaccination - Celebrity Page ›