Kevin James is tackling the role of New Orleans Saints' head football coach Sean Payton.
Home Team tells the real life story of NFL Coach Sean Payton and his 2012 suspension from the Saints one year after their Super Bowl win. Payton heads back to his hometown where he reconnects with his 12-year-old son and begins coaching his Pop Warner football team.
Starring alongside the Grown Ups actor is Twilight heartthrob, Taylor Lautner.
Kevin James said that Payton's story was almost too extraordinary to be real, prompting the actor to accept the role.
"Once I heard the whole story and what happened with Sean Payton and what he did, I was blown away so it was a no brainer for me," James said.
The all-star roster also includes Rob Schneider starring in the film and Adam Sandler producing it through his company Happy Madison Productions.
Taylor Lautner described what it was like to work with such a dream team.
"It just couldn't have been more perfect working with all those people who I love and respect so much, a story that, you know, I know so well, the football world which is huge to me, I'm a diehard football fan. It really was a pretty special project to be a part of for me," Lautner said.
Home Team is now streaming on Netflix.
- Kevin James playing Saints' Sean Payton in Neflix's 'Home Team ... ›
- Saints: Sean Payton's Kevin James-led Netflix movie has a release ... ›
- Home Team on Nexflix: Kevin James stars as Sean Payton in trailer ›
- Kevin James cast as Sean Payton; Saints coach responds to “Home ... ›
- Watch: Kevin James Portraying Saints Head Coach Sean Payton in ... ›