While on the radio show, McConaughey participated in candid conversation over many topics. From not speaking to his mother for eight year to dating in Hollywood, the star gave fans an inside look!
From the memoir, readers will get detailed perspective on what life is like for the star. The book will also include the difficult topic of McConaughey's past with being sexually abused.
Howard was most curious how McConaughey balanced being an actor and a father. McConaughey explained:
"I personalize Hollywood in my book. I write about her, 'I want her, I don't need her.' She's a moonlight tryst," he concluded. "My wife and my family, in my mind, are non-negotiable. And so the non-negotiable things in my life, when I've watered their proverbial garden, that's when my garden grew and I flourished and I became more me and felt more Vitale. I have nothing against certain, and I've had trysts along my way in my own life. And some people can have them forever. And you can Peter pan your way through the whole thing. Fine. Um, but it's the non-negotiable things in my life. I've looked at those other things like, Oh, those are stops. Not a stage. The most important thing to me is my, is my family."
Balancing kids wasn't his only feat. Dating in Hollywood can be full of awkward moments and unnecessary pressures. Stern teased his guest for having never dated a co-star. But, for McConaughey it was always about the work.
"I've always tried to keep it professional and the people I worked with, I must say, did it well. Maybe we had certain crushes on each other at certain times but we always just kept it professional."
Between his film resume of Magic Mike, Wolf Of Wall Street, and Dazed and Confused- he's had plenty of eligible co-stars.
One relationship the actor has struggled with, is the one with his mom! The actor revealed he went eight years without talking to her after finding out she was leaking his information to the press.
Watch him explain how it happened:
Matthew McConaughey told Howard they have since moved past the ordeal and are doing better now.
You can read his new memoir Greenlight out now.
- Matthew McConaughey Will Be Releasing A Book Based On His ... ›
- Matthew McConaughey Sells $15 Million Malibu Escape To Phil Lord ›
- Howard Stern Gives His Two Cents On 'The Bachelorette' - Celebrity Page ›
- Matthew McConaughey On Today's Political Climate - Celebrity Page ›
- Matthew McConaughey Talks Blackmail, Sexual Abuse in Book ›
- We're Legit Excited About Matthew McConaughey's Upcoming Memoir ›
- Matthew McConaughey Talks His New Memoir, Reading Criticism ... ›
- Matthew McConaughey Reveals He Was Sexually Abused in New ... ›
- Matthew McConaughey memoir Greenlights announced by actor ... ›