Melissa Rivers is taking action!
"We can never stop talking about mental health," Rivers said.
As part of Mental Health Awareness Month, Didi Hirsch's inaugural "Mental Health is Health" experience is putting the spotlight on rising depression and suicide rates during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"The curtain got pulled very far back. We've done the erasing the stigma. How do we take this to the next level? Everyone should be able to find good, qualified help and support."
The event is also honoring and recognizing powerhouse artists like Selena Gomez and Bebe Rexha for their mental health advocacy.
"They're reaching out to younger fans. They're contemporaries who you would think have it all. [They're] able to say, 'Hey wait a minute. You can say I'm just like them, or I'm just like you.'"
You can learn more and register for the free "Mental Health is Health" virtual experience, happening May 26th, at DidiHirsch.org.
If you or anyone you know needs help, you can reach the suicide lifeline 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255.
- Kelly Marie Tran Speaks on Mental Health, Representation, and ... ›
- Celebrities Join In On #BellLetsTalk To Promote Mental Health ... ›
- Celebs Recognize World Mental Health Day - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry and Oprah Debut New Project About Mental Health ... ›
- Melissa Rivers Tells About Her Efforts To Raise Mental Health Awareness - Celebrity Page ›