The film stars Zendaya of Euphoria and John David Washington of Tenet and was shot during the summer in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic. The film was shot on 35mm in black and white during June 17 through July 2 at the Feldman Architecture's Caterpillar House. The production claims many steps were taken to keep the set COVID-free and earned the approval of major guilds such as the WGA, DGA and SAG-AFTRA.
The Brand New Film
The romantic drama stars Washington as a filmmaker and Zendaya as his girlfriend as they return home from a movie premiere. A discussion about their past relationships takes an unexpected turn, testing the strength of their love. Levinson is known for creating HBO's series Euphoria and also wrote, produced, and directed the film. Malcolm & Marie was produced by Kevin Turen and Ashley Levinson of Little Lamb Productions.
In a statement provided by Deadline, Levison stated:
"I am so grateful to this cast and crew, many of whom are my 'Euphoria' family, for coming together during such uncertain times. We felt privileged to be able to make this film together and we did so with a lot of love. We are all thrilled that it has ended up with Netflix which is unparalleled in allowing filmmakers the freedom to tell their stories that reach audiences all over the world."
- Zack Snyder Signs Netflix Deal for "Army of the Dead" Projects ... ›
- Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet' Nears $150 Million Worldwide ... ›
- Celebrate Zendaya's First Emmy Nomination By Looking Back At ... ›
- Ryan Murphy Shares First Photo Of Netflix's 'The Prom' - Celebrity ... ›
- Netflix Cancels 'Altered Carbon' After Two Seasons - Celebrity Page ›
- Vanessa Kirby Talks Oscar Buzz Behind Her New Role In 'Pieces Of A Woman' - Celebrity Page ›