Buckingham Palace has announced Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh and husband to Queen Elizabeth II, has successful undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition.
Buckingham Palace: 'The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condi… https://t.co/kMVsEASkvQ— Majesty/Joe Little (@Majesty/Joe Little)1614852440.0
The Prince was recently moved to St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London in order to keep an eye on the condition, but it seems that surgery was necessary to resolve the issue.
Philip started feeling ill on February 17th, and has been in the hospital since then both for the heart condition and an unspecified disease, confirmed to not be COVID-19. He and the Queen have both been vaccinated against the disease fully.
The Prince is currently resting comfortably and is expected to spend at least a week at St. Bartholomew's for recovery.
For more Royal news, click here.
- Prince Phillip Moves Hospitals Amid Health Problems - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Williams Speaks About His Grandfather - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Charles Visits Prince Philip - Celebrity Page ›
- prince-philip - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Philip Released From The Hospital - Celebrity Page ›