2020 has been a year like no other, and although the annual tree lighting at Rockefeller Center was a little bit different this year, it was still filled with great performances and hopes to bring joy into the lives of New Yorkers and viewers everywhere.
The special was hosted by Craig Melvin, Hoda Kotb, Savannah Guthrie, and Al Roker. Normally crowds gather to watch the tree lighting, but that wasn't possible this year. In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights.
Two of The Voice coaches appeared.
Kelly Clarkson performed one of her original songs "Underneath the Tree."
Country star, Brett Eldredge, dedicated his performance of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" to healthcare workers who are on the front lines of battling the COVID-19 pandemic. He also sang a duet of "Under the Mistletoe" with Kelly Clarkson.
There were other performances from Dan+Shay, the cast of Ain't Too Proud and more. And of course, after relentless online teasing for its disheveled appearance, the 'spruced' up tree was spectacularly lit up.
The tree is open to the public with prior tickets to ensure social distancing.
- WATCH: Dolly Parton Releases Music Video For New Christmas ... ›
- Jimmy Fallon Set To Release New Christmas Children's Book ... ›
- Kelly Clarkson Kicks Off Christmas With New Song - Celebrity Page ›
- Brett Eldredge Takes The Stage With Kelly Clarkson For 'Christmas ... ›
- Dolly Parton Set to Host Academy Country Music Awards - Celebrity Page ›