Ruby Rose

Intsagram

Ruby Rose took a trip to the ER this week due to post-surgery complications but finding a hospital to admit her was an even bigger challenge.


The Australian actress addressed her hospital experience, returning back to social media after a social media hiatus, in a tearful Instagram saga story on Tuesday revealing that it took hours to get accepted into an emergency room due to COVID overcrowding.

Ruby Rose Instagram story

Instagram

"I did have a procedure and I had to have surgery, but it was fine and the surgery went well. But then I had a few complications and I had to go to the emergency room to go to the hospital," Rose said in the story.

Rose said when her symptoms became serious enough for an ER visit she "called an ambulance and it took hours to find a hospital that would be able to take me or anyone."

The former Batwoman star broke down in tears as she told fans emergency rooms were "rejecting taking people and I… and my case was quite serious."

The 35-year-old stuck it out a little longer, being lucky enough to get accepted by a hospital after a "bit of a standoff" according to the actress.

Rose praised her frontline workers and hospital staff, calling her healthcare team "amazing," and encouraged fans to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"It's just… it doesn't need to be this hard for everyone and I just can't imagine all the other people that are having way more, way, way more serious situations happening right now," Rose said.

The Orange is the New Black alum ended the video reaffirming her love for her fans reminding them to take care of themselves and said she would continue her social media break.

New case numbers throughout the country have been rising due to the Delta variant, with California having over 12,000 new COVID-19 cases as of Tuesday, and a 14 day average of 6,973 cases according to data shared by the New York Times. The CDC has recently reversed the indoor mask policy urging fully vaccinated people to wear them indoors.

BECOME
AN INSIDER!
By clicking "Subscribe", you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Netflix

Get ready Netflix fans! The platform just announced that two of its biggest stars are joining together for their newest movie.

Netflix revealed to TODAY that their latest film project is bringing Joey King, from The Kissing Booth, and Chase Stokes, from Outerbanks, together to play the two lead roles.

The new movie is an adaptation based off of the hit young adult sci-fi series Uglies by Scott Westerfield. Rumors about a film adaptation for the series have been circulating since the first novel's release, so Netflix's announcement comes as quite the pleasant surprise for fans.

Netflix had already teased that King was joining the cast for Uglies, however Stokes' involvement in the production was completely unknown until Tuesday. Along with announcing Stokes as the latest addition to the cast, Brianne Tju, from MTV's Scream, and Keith Powers, from the Freeform drama Famous in Love, will also be joining.

Uglies takes place in a dystopian society where beauty standards are taken to whole new extremes. Instead of getting your driver's permit at 16, teenagers are instead forced to get a complete reconstructive surgery, making them absolutely flawless--but that seems to be the flaw.

King is set to play the main protagonist of the film, Tally Youngblood, who will do literally anything to avoid her surgery. The roles of Stokes, Tju, and Powers still have yet to be released.

Uglies will be directed by Joseph McGinty Nichol, also known as McG, and Krista Vernoff is heading the screenplay adaptation. King will be executive producing the film alongside Jamie King, John Fox, and Scott Westerfield himself.

A premiere date for Uglies has yet to be disclosed.

Kim Kardashian West

Twitter

It's October 21st, so you know what that means. Kim K's birthday has arrived!

KEEP READING Show less