The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has caused the CBS show Survivor to put a halt to seasons 42 and 43.
We want our fans to know that the health and safety of our cast and crew are of the utmost importance and look forward to returning when the time is right. We can’t wait to hear Jeff say, “Survivors Ready?” Read more: https://t.co/Z1lnYjtN1P. pic.twitter.com/NGqCKgcow8— SURVIVOR (@survivorcbs) July 14, 2020
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to take over the Hollywood industry, CBS has made the very difficult decision of halting Survivor's seasons 42 and 43.
Season 41 was slated to premiere on CBS in March, but the heightened uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic has caused a delay with that season along with season 42's premiere slated for May.
All In This Together
Even though Survivor couldn't have a studio audience, that did not stop them from making new content.
To hold fans over, CBS aired a Survivor reunion, virtually, featuring all of the contestants from season 40. On top of that, CBS has been making some programming changes to keep fans entertained until Survivor comes back.
Those programming changes include:
- The Amazing Race will be taking over Survivor's time slot (Wednesdays at 8 p.m.)
- SEAL Team will be moving up an hour to the 9 p.m. slot.
- SWAT will be premiering new episodes early to the 10 p.m. slot.
"The show's producers are continuing to work with officials in Fiji on the appropriate time to start production."
Catch up on previous seasons of Survivor on CBS!
- John Krasinski's 'Some Good News' Picked Up By CBS News ... ›
- CBS Devoting 25% Of Development Budget To BIPOC Projects ... ›
- When Are My Shows Back!? September TV Premiere Dates ... ›
- 2020 Critics Choice Real TV Awards Nominations Released ... ›