A Ryan Reynolds comedy hits once again as his new film Free Guy sweeps up the earnings at the box office this weekend.
″[And] after [three] years messaging as an original IP movie, Disney confirmed today they officially want a sequel," the actor wrote on Friday.
Don't Breathe 2 was also released this weekend starring Stephen Lang who plays a blind veteran who uses his military training to save a young orphan from a group of thugs. Though not as hot as Free Guy, the film grossed a little over $10 million at the theatres.
The Aretha Franklin biopic Respect opened at No. 4 at the box office this weekend, earning an estimated $8.8 million in its debut frame. Meanwhile, Dwayne Johnson's and Emily Blunt's Jungle Cruise fell 43 percentage points in sales, but still managed to scrape together $9 million two weeks after its opening.
The Suicide Squad, on the other hand, witnessed a 70.4% drop in ticket sales with a $7.75 million finish, after the film's chart-topping opening weekend which garnered more than $26 million at the theatres.
- Final Show Dates Announced for Reba, Brooks, & Dunn Residency ... ›
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over 'Black Widow' Release ... ›
- 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' Comes Out On Top At The Box Office ... ›
- 'Jungle Cruise' Sails Past Competition in Weekend Box Office ... ›
- Marvel Studios' 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' Had Its World Premiere Last Night - Celebrity Page ›
- Marvel Studios' 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' Holds World Premiere - Celebrity Page ›