"In loving memory of His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh. Thank you for your service ... You will be greatly missed."
Buckingham Palace announced the death of The Duke of Edinburgh at age 99 early on Friday, saying he "passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle." Prince Philip had returned home in March after a month-long stay in the hospital due to heart issues.
All three of the royal Twitter and Instagram pages changed their icons, including William and Kate changing it to their joint monogram. William and Kate's Twitter also changed their cover photo to a black-and-white picture of the late Duke of Edinburgh.
All three royal accounts also posted the same message following the announcement of the death.
A source also recently told The New York Post that Prince Harry is expected to return to the UK for his grandfather's funeral, despite his recent differences with the royal family. The source stated:
"Harry was extremely close to his grandfather. He will, of course, be there, no matter how difficult relations are between the Sussexes and the family."
- archie-harrison-mountbatten-windsor - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince William Speaks Out After Meghan and Harry Interview ... ›
- Prince Phillip Moves Hospitals Amid Health Problems - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince William Releases Statement Following Death of Prince Phillip - Celebrity Page ›
- Updates On Prince Philip's Funeral - Celebrity Page ›
- Update On The Royal Family After Prince Philip's Death - Celebrity Page ›
- Queen Elizabeth Turns 95 Today, Speaks On Prince Philip's Death ›
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Join Selena Gomez and More at Vax Live: The Concert - Celebrity Page ›