Queen Elizabeth II delivered a speech to both houses of Parliament yesterday May 11th. Among her long speech that addressed many issues, she vowed to ban conversion therapy.
"Measures will be brought forward to address racial and ethnic disparities and ban conversion therapy," said her majesty.
Conversion therapy is what the British government calls an "abhorrent practice".
Prime Minister Theresa May and current Prime Minister Boris Johnson have also previously vowed to end the practice altogether.
The finalization of this "as soon as parliamentary time allows, and following a consultation" said Liz Truss, the Minister for Women & Equalities.
In eliminating the practice, the United Kingdom follows suit with Canada, Malta, Germany, Mexico, and portions of Australia.
This is a big step in the right direction for the British government.
- royal-news - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrities That Already Got The Vaccine For COVID-19 - Celebrity ... ›
- Academy Awards Preview: 'Promising Young Woman' Nominated ... ›
- See Obama's Picks For March Madness - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince-Harry - Celebrity Page ›