American Idol is back in Spring 2022 for a historic 20th season.
The show includes iconic judges Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and Luke Bryan, and is hosted by Ryan Seacrest. This is American Idol's 5th season on ABC after its run on its original network Fox from 2002-2016. For season four, singer songwriter Chayce Beckham was chosen as the winner by audiences.
As always, the new season will begin with nationwide auditions and kick off into Hollywood Week. The initial round of auditions are called "Idol Across America", where hopeful future contestants get the chance to sing in front of an American Idol producer. They can choose to audition either in person or virtually, the virtual option implemented last year due to the pandemic. If they pass the initial phase, they will then be able to perform in front of Perry, Richie, and Bryan for a chance at a golden ticket for Hollywood Week.
"'American Idol' is still the original music show that genuinely creates superstars and continues to evolve to allow true artists to succeed in this unique business," said American Idol executive producer and showrunner Megan Wolflick.
First auditions take place from August 6th to September 21st, depending on the state. Interested contestants can sign up on the official American Idol website.
- Kelly Clarkson Honors Garth Brooks in Touching Kennedy Center ... ›
- American Idol: Daughtry & Scotty McCreery Focus On The Music In ... ›
- Coldplay Perform On American Idol & Mentor 7 Contestants ... ›
- Caleb Kennedy Leaves American Idol After Racist Video Surfaces ... ›
- Paula Abdul Fills In On 'American Idol' After Luke Bryan Tests ... ›