As NYC begins to re-open, The Book of Mormon announced its return to the Eugene O'Neill Theatre on Broadway, with a premiere date of November 5th.
Opening in 2011, The Book of Mormon's script was written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, with music by Avenue Q alumni Robert Lopez. The story follows a group of naive Latter Day Saints followers, Elder Price and Elder Cuningham, who are on a missionary trip in Uganda. The show is known to be a wild, irreverent comedy that is a satirical examination of the beliefs of the Mormon religion, while also touching on significant societal subjects such as HIV and world hunger.
The Book of Mormon has received mass critical praise for its raunchy humor and genuine heart. It is known for dissecting organized religion while depicting the characters in an in depth manner that sympathizes with their perspectives. It is one of the most successful musicals of all time, earning nine Tony awards and grossing over $500 million, and is the 14th longest running musical on broadway.
- You Will Be Found! The "Dear Evan Hansen" Movie Cast - Celebrity ... ›
- Emmy-Winning Actor Joins All-Star Cast of 'Annie Live!' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Schmigadoon!' Apple TV Plus' Newest Show Delivers Broadway Music & An A-List Cast - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Schmigadoon!' Delivers Broadway Music & An A-List Cast On Apple TV+ - Celebrity Page ›
- Beanie Feldstein to Play Lead in 'Funny Girl' Broadway Revival - Celebrity Page ›