Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans are set to star in The Gray Man.
Deadline broke the news the film's budget of $200 million will be a spy thriller released by Netflix and the most expensive movie for them to date. Deadline stated the action thriller takes on a James Bond feel based on the Mark Greaney's 2009 novel centering around Court Gentry (Gosling) being hunted down by his enemy Lloyd Hansen (Evans). Netflix's idea is that the film will create a thriller franchise for their streaming service having Gosling starring in future films.
Anthony Russo told Deadline:
"The movie is a real mano a mano between those two great actors who represent two different versions of the CIA, in what it can be, and what it can do,
Joe Russo also told Deadline:
"The intention is for it to be competitive with any theatrical, and the ability to do with with Gosling and Evans is a dream for us. The idea is to create a franchise and build out a whole universe, with Ryan at the center of it. We have all committed to the first movie, and that's got to be great to get us to the second movie. These are master assassins, and Gosling's characters gets burned by the CIA and Evans' character has to hunt him down."
This is the second project Russo's production company AGBO teamed up with Netflix and previously released the action-thriller Extraction with a sequel in the works. The brothers hope to start production for The Gray Man in January 2021.
- Rob Schneider Announces New Comedy Special On Netflix ... ›
- 'Unsolved Mysteries' Returns To Netflix With New Chilling Cases ... ›
- Netflix Reveals Their Most Watched Original Movies - Celebrity Page ›
- Get A First Look At The New Netflix Original Film 'Away' - Celebrity ... ›
- Netflix Commits $100 Million To Support Black Communities ... ›
- Julianne Moore Signs On To Sing In 'Dear Evan Hansen' Film - Celebrity Page ›