From music and movies to sports, here are 12 iconic things that have happened in the world of entertainment on August 11th.
1929 - Professional Baseball player Babe Ruth becomes the first to hit 500 home-runsBaseball Player Babe Ruth Holding Bat
1956 - Elvis Presley releases double-sided hit, 'Don't Be Cruel' and 'Hound Dog' that would eventually reach no. 1 on the charts
1966 - Musician John Lennon apologizes for saying The Beatles were 'more popular than Jesus'
1973 - 'American Graffiti' released in theaters
1980 - Yankees player Reggie Jackson hits his 400th home run
1999 - Kiss unveils their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
2000 - Singer-songwriter Madonna gives birth to her first son, Rocco Ritchie
2002 - Singer-songwriter Bruce Springsteen's 12th album 'The Rising' hits no. 1 on the US album chart
2006 - 'Step Up' released in theaters
2008 - Michael Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones and Jason Lezak beat France in the Beijing Olympics men's 4 × 100 meter freestyle relay event for world record time of 3:08.24.
2011 - Rapper Meek Mill releases mixtape 'Dreamchasers'
2014 - 5 Seconds of Summer becomes the group to reach the biggest first-week sales for a debut album with their self-titled album, '5 Seconds of Summer'
From Your Site Articles
- WWE Launches Free Version Of The WWE Network - Celebrity Page ›
- AMC and Universal Studios Agree On A Historic Deal - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebs React To Historical Supreme Court Ruling Protecting ... ›
- 'Back to the Future' Came Out 35 Years Ago Today. Where Are The ... ›
- Introducing The First Female General Manager In MLB History: Kim Ng - Celebrity Page ›
Related Articles Around the Web